Drop Down Menu




Welcome to Explore Business Portal New Page 1

Answers to frequently asked questions on UAE visa regulations

Can single women travelling to the UAE as tourists get visas?

Yes, they can obtain a 30/90-day tourist visa They must be sponsored by hotels, or tourist agencies.

Regarding transit visas, what are the rules? Should a passenger transiting through the UAE apply for a 96-hour transit visa once he arrives in Dubai or should he do that before he begins the journey?

For instance, my friend wants to visit me while travelling from the US to India. She has one day in hand and wants to apply for a transit visa for Dubai in September. How can she do that?

The Emirates office in the US tells her they cannot help her with a transit visa because her return ticket was issued from India. So basically, what are the rules?

A transit visa is issued to travellers transiting through UAE airports. It is issued for 96 hours and must be sponsored by an airline operating in the UAE. The visitor must have a valid ticket for an onward flight. It must be arranged by the airline as the traveller books the ticket. There is a charge of US$44 plus processing fee of the agency.

Does the new rule also have two options for a visa change: either the person has to exit for a visa change or pay the fee to process the visa change while inside the UAE?

Yes, a Visit/Tourist visa can be converted to a work/family residence visa on payment of Dh510 (Typing charge extra). Dh680 should be paid extra to get issued visa inside country. read more

If someone lives in the UK, and their daughter lives in Dubai and is having a baby, and he along with his spouse is coming on holiday at this time, is a visa required?

Britons are among people from 47 countries who are allowed to obtain a visa on arrival free of charge. The visa will be for 30 days and can be renewed for a similar period for Dh640. If you are not British, your daughter can still sponsor you on a 30-day or 90-day visit visa. read more

Medical insurance for visitors: Who and where do they have to get medical insurance and for how many months. Is it from the date of application or from the date of arrival?

Visitors to the UAE on all types of visas must obtain health insurance for the entire period of their visit. This insurance can be obtained from companies operating in the UAE or abroad. Normally, your visa agency will pay insurance fee along with visa application. So no need to take separate insurance.

My sister and her family (Indian nationals) are transiting through the UAE in November. They will be on a transit visa. They will leave the UAE within 24 hours. They would like to come back to the UAE on a visit visa within 15 days. Is there any difficulty in this? Is it allowed?

It is allowed. They can enter immediately on another visa. No need to wait for month break.

What will happen if somebody wants to renew a visit visa?

Visit visas for 30 days or 90 days will no longer be renewed. Visitors have to leave the country and may come back on another visa immediately.

What happened to the Mission visa? Is it still available?

Yes, it is unchanged.

Will I need to pay a deposit for a visit visa for blood relatives?

Yes, a Dh1,000 refundable deposit is applicable for blood relatives, and Dh2000 for distant relative and friends.

Who pays and who doesn't pay for visit visas/visa on arrival?

If your country of nationality appears on the list below, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-day visit visa free of charge. This can be extended for an additional 30 days at an additional charge.
Eligible countries
Czech Republic
Hong Kong
New Zealand
Norway Poland
San Marino
South Korea
United Kingdom
United States of America
Vatican City

read more


Family Visa


  Back |

Printer-Friendly version

Print Page  | Email this article



Tell a Friend


Welcome to First Gate Business Service

Abscond Reporting | Adding Partner & Removing Partner in LLC Lic | Additional Booklet | Address Change | Affidavit for Child's Passport | Affidavit for Maid Visa-Indian Consulate | Agreements | Annual Leave | Attestation | Ban-1Year | Bank Guarantee Refund | Birth in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Dubai | Branch of a Foreign Company | Cancellation | Certificate Attestation | Change of Address | Change of Name | Change of Spouse Name | Changing Employment & Family Visa without Exit | Cheque Bounce | Children sponsored by mother | Civil Company | Company law | Consulate Procedures for Maid Visa | Consulate Works-Ind | Contracting Lic-Renew | Credit Card Debt | Damaged Passport | Date of Birth Correction Death Cert. Attestation | Death Cases | Death Compensation | DED Fees | DED Services | Dependent sponsorship | Designations | Detach Child from Mother's Passport | DNRD Locations | DOHMS Fees | Driving License | Driving License AttestationECNR | Education Visa | Educational Institution | E-Gate | Ejari-Tenancy Contract Registration | Embassies & Consulates | Emergency Leave |Emirates ID | Emirates ID Lost | Employment ban | Employment Contract-Ind.Consulate | Employment Visa | Employment Visa during Ban | Employment Visa Renew | Employment Visa Stamping-new | Employment rules |E-Signature Card | FAQs-Visa | Family Visa Abu Dhabi | Family Visa-Ajman | Family Visa Cancellation | Family Visa-Dubai | Family Visa hold | Family Visa Renew | Family Visa Sharjah | Family Visa Stamping-After Entry | Fines | Freehold Property Visa | Free Zones | Fujairah Free Zone | General Trading | Gratuity | Housemaid Affidavit | Husband's Residence Visa | Immigration Clearance | Immigration Establishment Card | Immigration Card Renew | Immigration Card Amendment | Immigration Card Lost | Immigration Office | Immigration Services | Important Telephone Numbers | Import Code | Indian Maid- Change Visa inside UAE | India Tourist Visa | Industrial Projects | Inheritance | International Driving Permit | Investor Visa | Investor Visa Stamping | Investor Visa Renew | Investor/Partner Visa Cancellation | IVS Global | Jebel Ali Free Zone | Labour Card Renewal l Labour Contract | Labour Contract FAQs | Labour Contract-New (after entry) | Labour Dispute | Labour Establishment Card | Labour Establishment Card Amendment | Labour Law | Labour Services | Legalization at UAE Embassy | License Cancellation | License Modification at DM | License Renewal - Contracting | Limited Contract | LLC formation | Local Service Agent | Location Change (license) | Loss of Passport | Lost Labour Card | Lost Reporting | Maid from Nepal | Maid from Sri Lanka | Maid Visa-New | Maid Visa Stamping | Maid Visa Renewal | Map of Consulates | Maternity Leave | Marriage Solemnization at Consulate | Media License Medical Facility Licensing | Medical Treatment Visa | Medical Test | Mission Visa | Modify Contractor Regn.-Foreign Co.| MoH & DoH Exams | Multiple Entry Visa | Municipality Activities | Municipality Exam | Municipality Services | Newborn Baby's Passport | Newborn Baby's Visa | New Contracting Lic | NOC for issuance of Passport for Child | Notarization | Notice Period | NRI Certificate | Nursery | Occupational Disease | Occupational Health Card | OK to Board | Online Service | Out Pass | Overtime | Parents Visa-New | Parents Visa Stamping-After Entry | Parents Visa Renew Partnership Agreements | Partner Visa | Part-time Job | Passport in Maiden Name | Passport in Married Name | Passport Lost | Passport Renewal-Ind | Passport Additional Booklet | Passport Validity Extension | PCC Attestation-UAE Embassy Delhi | PCC Dubai | PCC-India | PCC Out of Country | Pharmacist Exam | Pharmacy License | Photo Change | Police Clearance Certificate-UAE | Police Related Services | Power of Attorney | Probation Period | PRO Card-DED | PRO Card -Immig | PRO Card-Labor | Profession Change | Professional Firm | Professional License | Professions | Real Estate License | Registration of Engineer-DM | Re-entry | Removing Partner & Adding Partner in LLC Lic | Residence Visa | Resignation | RTA Related Business Activities | RTA Related Services | Salary Certificate Attestation | Salary Increment | Saudi Visa | Servant Visa | Severance Pay | Sharjah Visa rules | Sole Establishment | Sponsorship Declaration | Spouse Name Endorsement | Status Change | Student Visa | Surrender of Indian Passport | Tas'heel Centers-MOL | Tas'heel Business Center-for DED Services | Tatkaal Passport | Tawasul Card new | Tawasul Card Renew | TC Attestation-Consulate | Teenager Visa | Termination of Contract | Thailand Visa | Theft Car | Tourist Visa | Trademark Registration | Transfer Visa from old Passport to new | Transit Visa | Trade License | Trade License Renewal | Translation | UAE Embassies World-wide | UAE Legal System | UK VisaCentre-Dubai | Umrah Visa | Undertaking for Studies | Unpaid Salary | Validation letter-Driving LicenseVisa Cancellation-Employment |  Visa Cancellation-Investor/Partner | Visa Change-Hatta | Visa for Step-child | Visa on Arrival-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-India | Visa on Arrival-Qatar | Visa Position Amendment | Visas of two countries | Visa Renew-son above 18 years old | Visa Transfer | Visa Transfer-Child | Visa Transfer-wife | Visit Affidavit for Family Member | Visit Visa | Will Attestation | Work in UAE | Work Permit | Work Permit for relative sponsored | more


First Gate Business Service, Office No.2, Al Shamsi Building, Near Zulekha Hospital, Opp. Al Madeena Supermarket, AL NAHDA-2, Qusais, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Tel.+9714-239 1302, 04-252 22 22, 04-265 8373, 04-258 6727 Email: visaprocess.ae@gmail.com