The hospital your baby is delivered in will issue a ‘Birth Notification’.
Take this paper along with the following documents to Al
Baraha Hospital to get Birth Certificate and attestation.
Documents Required for Birth Certificate:
• Birth Notification issued by the hospital
• Original + copy of parents’ passports with residence permits
• Attested marriage certificate
Time: 2-3 working days
• Some public hospitals such as Dubai Hospital (04-7075805), Rashid
Hospital (04-3371111) and Al Wasl Hospital (04-3241111) have a counter
which will issue the Arabic birth certificate. Go there and hand over
the documents and receive the Arabic birth certificate immediately.
• For an English birth certificate, go to Preventive Medicine
Department at Al Baraha Hospital (also known as Kuwaiti Hospital
• Get an application form from the Birth Certificate Office. A
translator will type your application at the hospital. You can get it
attested at the Ministry of Health Counter at Al Baraha Hospital
• Take the documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for
attestation and Pay Dh155.
After the birth of your child, do not rush to get the birth
certificate. Wait till your wife and child have been discharged from
the hospital and you have had a few days’ time to finalize a name for
your child, before you proceed to get the birth certificate. However,
do keep in mind that the maximum period to register your child's birth
is 30 days.
You must have a valid health card in order to deliver in a public
hospital. Please carry your original marriage certificate & passports
STEPS FOR NEWBORN BABY'S RESIDENCE
1. Birth Certificate
2. Attestation from Ministry of Health & Foreign Affairs
3. Health Registration for the purpose of vaccination and treatment