Drop Down Menu




Welcome to First Gate Business Service New Page 1

Cheque bounce/Insufficient fund-Dubai

How to report bounced cheques?

A complaint letter in Arabic in letterhead bearing the stamp of the company/firm. Letter shall include name of Issuing party, Address, Contact number, Cheque number, Date, Amount, Name of Bank and purpose of issue.

Trade License copy of both companies (Passport copy if the party is a person).
Bounced Cheque original and copy along with bank report

Authorization letter/Power of Attorney for the complaint reporting person.

Submit above mentioned documents to the nearest police station, along with Dh20 as fees.

The report will be investigated internally and you will be given a serial number.

The Department of Investigation will contact the issuing party to recover the money amicably, if failed, will take legal actions against him and put the case in nation-wide criminal record.

Report bad cheques through Dubai Police App

People can now report bounced cheques through the Dubai Police App or mobile website without visiting police stations. The feature is available on the app under “mobile services”.

STEPS: Take photos of cheques, fill a quick form with some details, and the police will then issue the sender a letter, which the user can then take to the bank. The bank will then deal with the police for the rest of the procedures.

There are two conditions to reporting a bad cheque: It should be issued within Dubai and the validity period of the cheque to be cashed has not expired.

Frequently Asked Questions

Cheque is proof of money lent

Q: I lent Dh200,000 to one of my friends in November 2008 and got an undated cheque against it from him. After promising me that he would repay the amount for the past two years, he has now refused to do so. Can I initiate a criminal case against him?

A: To initiate a criminal case against the debtor, you have to produce a bounced cheque to the police. Hence, you have to deposit this cheque to your account and if it returns bounced, then you are entitled to report this to the police. Alternatively, you can proceed with a civil suit directly based on the cheque as it is a proof of debt.

Stale cheque

Q: What is the liability of the drawer of a stale cheque in Dubai? Is the drawer obliged to write another cheque in exchange for a stale cheque?

A: Generally speaking, a cheque is given for payment of any underlying transaction. Hence, it is the duty of the drawer to pay the amount either by giving another cheque or by paying in cash.

Furthermore, a stale cheque cannot be deposited in the bank. However, the same stale cheque is still valid for establishing a civil right of claiming the amount of the cheque from the same person.

Thus, you got a right to file a civil case within 15 years against the drawer for the amount of the cheque as per Article 473 UAE Civil Code.

Dubai Police Website: www.dubaipolice.gov.ae 
Dubai Police Call Centre: 901

Related Pages
Car Registration/Renew
Car Theft
Credit Card Debt
DPS (Department of Protective Systems) Activities
Driving License
Driving License Lost
Driving in UAE
Emirates ID Lost
Fine (Mulkiya, Driving License)
International Driving Permit
Labour Card Lost
Lost Reporting
Mulkiya (Vehicle Ownership Certificate) Lost
Passport Lost
Police Clearance Certificate-Dubai
PCC Attestation - UAE Embassy Delhi
PCC India
PCC Out of Country
RTA Related Business Activities
Validation Letter - Driving License
Vehicle Ownership Certificate Lost

Where should I submit family Visa Application?

Do I need Apartment Tenancy Contract for Family Visa?


  Back |

Printer-Friendly version

Print Page  | Email this article



Tell a Friend


Welcome to First Gate Business Service

Abscond Reporting | Adding Partner & Removing Partner in LLC Lic | Additional Booklet | Address Change | Affidavit for Child's Passport | Affidavit for Maid Visa-Indian Consulate | Agreements | Annual Leave | Attestation | Ban-1Year | Bank Guarantee Refund | Birth in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Dubai | Branch of a Foreign Company | Cancellation | Certificate Attestation | Change of Address | Change of Name | Change of Spouse Name | Changing Employment & Family Visa without Exit | Cheque Bounce | Children sponsored by mother | Civil Company | Company law | Consulate Procedures for Maid Visa | Consulate Works-Ind | Contracting Lic-Renew | Credit Card Debt | Damaged Passport | Date of Birth Correction Death Cert. Attestation | Death Cases | Death Compensation | DED Fees | DED Services | Dependent sponsorship | Designations | Detach Child from Mother's Passport | DNRD Locations | DOHMS Fees | Driving License | Driving License AttestationECNR | Education Visa | Educational Institution | E-Gate | Ejari-Tenancy Contract Registration | Embassies & Consulates | Emergency Leave |Emirates ID | Emirates ID Lost | Employment ban | Employment Contract-Ind.Consulate | Employment Visa | Employment Visa during Ban | Employment Visa Renew | Employment Visa Stamping-new | Employment rules |E-Signature Card | FAQs-Visa | Family Visa Abu Dhabi | Family Visa-Ajman | Family Visa Cancellation | Family Visa-Dubai | Family Visa hold | Family Visa Renew | Family Visa Sharjah | Family Visa Stamping-After Entry | Fines | Freehold Property Visa | Free Zones | Fujairah Free Zone | General Trading | Gratuity | Housemaid Affidavit | Husband's Residence Visa | Immigration Clearance | Immigration Establishment Card | Immigration Card Renew | Immigration Card Amendment | Immigration Card Lost | Immigration Office | Immigration Services | Important Telephone Numbers | Import Code | Indian Maid- Change Visa inside UAE | India Tourist Visa | Industrial Projects | Inheritance | International Driving Permit | Investor Visa | Investor Visa Stamping | Investor Visa Renew | Investor/Partner Visa Cancellation | IVS Global | Jebel Ali Free Zone | Labour Card Renewal l Labour Contract | Labour Contract FAQs | Labour Contract-New (after entry) | Labour Dispute | Labour Establishment Card | Labour Establishment Card Amendment | Labour Law | Labour Services | Legalization at UAE Embassy | License Cancellation | License Modification at DM | License Renewal - Contracting | Limited Contract | LLC formation | Local Service Agent | Location Change (license) | Loss of Passport | Lost Labour Card | Lost Reporting | Maid from Nepal | Maid from Sri Lanka | Maid Visa-New | Maid Visa Stamping | Maid Visa Renewal | Map of Consulates | Maternity Leave | Marriage Solemnization at Consulate | Media License Medical Facility Licensing | Medical Treatment Visa | Medical Test | Mission Visa | Modify Contractor Regn.-Foreign Co.| MoH & DoH Exams | Multiple Entry Visa | Municipality Activities | Municipality Exam | Municipality Services | Newborn Baby's Passport | Newborn Baby's Visa | New Contracting Lic | NOC for issuance of Passport for Child | Notarization | Notice Period | NRI Certificate | Nursery | Occupational Disease | Occupational Health Card | OK to Board | Online Service | Out Pass | Overtime | Parents Visa-New | Parents Visa Stamping-After Entry | Parents Visa Renew Partnership Agreements | Partner Visa | Part-time Job | Passport in Maiden Name | Passport in Married Name | Passport Lost | Passport Renewal-Ind | Passport Additional Booklet | Passport Validity Extension | PCC Attestation-UAE Embassy Delhi | PCC Dubai | PCC-India | PCC Out of Country | Pharmacist Exam | Pharmacy License | Photo Change | Police Clearance Certificate-UAE | Police Related Services | Power of Attorney | Probation Period | PRO Card-DED | PRO Card -Immig | PRO Card-Labor | Profession Change | Professional Firm | Professional License | Professions | Real Estate License | Registration of Engineer-DM | Re-entry | Removing Partner & Adding Partner in LLC Lic | Residence Visa | Resignation | RTA Related Business Activities | RTA Related Services | Salary Certificate Attestation | Salary Increment | Saudi Visa | Servant Visa | Severance Pay | Sharjah Visa rules | Sole Establishment | Sponsorship Declaration | Spouse Name Endorsement | Status Change | Student Visa | Surrender of Indian Passport | Tas'heel Centers-MOL | Tas'heel Business Center-for DED Services | Tatkaal Passport | Tawasul Card new | Tawasul Card Renew | TC Attestation-Consulate | Teenager Visa | Termination of Contract | Thailand Visa | Theft Car | Tourist Visa | Trademark Registration | Transfer Visa from old Passport to new | Transit Visa | Trade License | Trade License Renewal | Translation | UAE Embassies World-wide | UAE Legal System | UK VisaCentre-Dubai | Umrah Visa | Undertaking for Studies | Unpaid Salary | Validation letter-Driving LicenseVisa Cancellation-Employment |  Visa Cancellation-Investor/Partner | Visa Change-Hatta | Visa for Step-child | Visa on Arrival-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-India | Visa on Arrival-Qatar | Visa Position Amendment | Visas of two countries | Visa Renew-son above 18 years old | Visa Transfer | Visa Transfer-Child | Visa Transfer-wife | Visit Affidavit for Family Member | Visit Visa | Will Attestation | Work in UAE | Work Permit | Work Permit for relative sponsored | more


First Gate Business Service, GF, Humaidan Bldg, Near Malabar Supermarket, Behind Sheikha Latifa Masjid, AL MURAR, Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Tel.+9714-259 6260, 04-358 6215, 04-239 1302, 04-265 8373, 04-258 6727 Email: visaprocess.ae@gmail.com