Drop Down Menu




Welcome to First Gate Business Service New Page 1

If the resident resides out of the UAE for more than six months...UAE

Click here for Mobile View

As per the new rule, no re-entry for family dependent visa holders after completion of 180 days (six months) from the date of exit.

+ Resident Permit becomes invalid if the Resident resides out of the UAE for more than Six months.

+ Period is calculated as 180 days from the date of departure.

Re-entry after six months can get for:

+ Foreign wives of UAE citizens staying abroad;

+ Domestic helpers who are accompanying UAE nationals studying abroad or undergoing medical treatment abroad;

+ Employees and domestic helpers accompanying the employees of diplomatic and consular missions in the UAE;

+ Employees in the UAE public sector and are overseas for work or sent abroad on training courses, along with their families.

+ Expatriate government employees sent abroad for treatment, provided they submit a medical report approved by Ministry of Health and prevention or other medical authorities in the UAE.

+ Students who study out of UAE can re-enter if their visa is valid, with the following conditions:
+ Bona-fide certificate from the college where he/she studies and that should be attested by UAE embassy in that country.
+ Student identity card.
+ can arrive through Dubai airport only.

How do I apply for an exception?
You need to first check with the specific emirate's GRRFA regarding the exceptions, as this may differ from emirate to emirate.

If your visa is Partner/Investor and if your visa is valid, you can apply for Return Permit for Resident outside UAE through GDRFA website or You can contact any one of our branches in UAE. If you have received Return Permit, you can fly.
Once you reached Dubai airport, Passport counter staff will guide you to special immigration counter (Immigration Counter-1, if you landed at Terminal-1) and the officer will verify your file and biometric data, then they will put entry stamp on your passport.
NOTE: You cannot use Smart Gate to complete passport/Immigration procedures at the airport. If you try, it will show to go the Immigration Counter to complete the procedures.

Investor/Partner can get re-entry upon arrival till one year (365 day) from the date of exit if his/her residence is valid. If have issues to get Emigration clearance from your home country because of overstay after six months, you can do as follows:
You should travel on Emirates flight only. After booking the ticket, inform your partner/sponsor/PRO in Dubai to go to Immigration counter at Airport Terminal-3 with your passport copy and ticket copy. They will enter re-entry approval on the system. This is applicable for Partner/Investor visa holders only.

If you are a free zone investor and in your visa if it is written Director, then you are not eligible for this facility. Investor and partner visa holders only allowed to get re-entry after six months.

+ Residence Visa of the person who wants to re-enter must be valid.

If you are not in the above category
Cancel the existing visa and apply for new visa to enter UAE again.

Frequently Asked Question:

Partner/Investor can re-enter for one year (travel on Emirates only)

My brother holds partner visa in a Dubai based company and he is out of UAE for more than six months. When he tried to travel from India, airport emigration officer did not allow him. When I contacted Dubai immigration, they said partner / investor can re-enter on same visa till 365 days from the date of exit. What is solution in this situation?

There are reports that some airports/airlines do not allow to travel on re-entry to UAE after 180 days. As per the rule in UAE, Partner/Investor can re-enter on same visa till completion of 365 days from the date of exit.

In this scenario, you should travel on Emirates flight only. After booking the ticket, inform your partner/sponsor/PRO in Dubai to go to Immigration counter at Airport Terminal-3 with your passport copy and ticket copy. They will enter re-entry approval on the system. 

My wife left UAE seven months ago for delivery. Her visa is valid for another one year. Can she re-enter on same visa if we pay fine?

A: No re-entry after 180 days. You have to cancel her visa and apply for new one.

For any clarification please contact  Immigration Call Centre on 800 5111.

To prepare your visa applications, call:

Qusais (Al Nahda-2) Near Zulekha Hospital: 04-239 1302, 055 273 2295, 055-345 7829
Qusais (Al Nahda-2) Behind NMC Hospital: 054 4170879

Ajman, Nuaimeya1: 058 257 1308, 06 52 06 925

Bur Dubai: 04-252 22 22, 055-9105757
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais (Damascus St): 04-258 6727, 054-300 5931

For Collection & Delivery Service; call 04-239 1302, 055 273 2295, 055-345 7829
For Family visa service of all other emirates, call: 04-252 22 22, 055-9105757

Related Pages
Children Sponsored by mother
Dependent Sponsorship
DRFA Locations
Education Visa
Freehold Visa
Family Visa
Husband's Residence Visa
Immigration Est. Card
Immigration Office
Investor visa
Maid visa
Maid Visa Renewal
Multiple Entry Visa
Parents Visa
Partner Visa
Residence Visa
Servant Visa
Status Change
Student Visa
Teenager Visa
Tourist Visa
Transit Visa
Visa Cancellation
Visa for Step-child
Visa on arrival
Visa Position Amendment
Visa of Two Gulf Countries
Visa Transfer
Visa Transfer-Child
Visa Transfer-Wife
Visit Visa

What are the procedures of re-entry in UAE? I am a partner visa holder in Dubai. Can I get re-entry after six months?

UAE Employment Visa related service at Thiruvananthapuram. Our package includes: pick from your arrival point (Railway/Bus Stand), Accommodation, Medical (if required), Medical Certificate Attestation using our Credit Card without you standing in the queue, necessary guidance and drop at your travel point.

Maid Visa related Service: After completion of e-Migrate procedures at Indian Consulate/Embassy in UAE, we can arrange remaining procedures for Emigration clearance.
Explore International, Call +91-95 390 51 386



Employment Visa

Employment Visa during Ban Period


  Back |

Printer-Friendly version

Print Page  | Email this article



Tell a Friend


Welcome to First Gate Business Service

Abscond Reporting | Adding Partner & Removing Partner in LLC Lic | Additional Booklet | Address Change | Affidavit for Child's Passport | Affidavit for Maid Visa-Indian Consulate | Agreements | Abu Dhabi Visa rules | Annual Leave | Attestation | Ban-1Year | Bank Guarantee Refund | Birth in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Abu Dhabi | Business Set-Up in Ajman Free Zone | Business Set-Up in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Hamriyah Free Zone-SHJ | Branch of a Foreign Company | Cancellation | Certificate Attestation | Change of Address | Change of Name | Change of Spouse Name | Changing Employment & Family Visa without Exit | Cheque Bounce | Children sponsored by mother | Civil Company | Clearance Letter | Company law | Consulate Procedures for Maid Visa | Consulate Works-Ind | Contracting Lic-Renew | Credit Card Debt | Damaged Passport | Date of Birth Correction Death Cert. Attestation | Death Cases | Death Compensation | DED Fees | DED Services | Dependent sponsorship | Designations | Detach Child from Mother's Passport | DNRD Locations | DOHMS Fees | DOHMS Forms | DOHMS Interview Result | Driving License | Driving License Attestation Dubai Real Estate Law | ECNR | Education Visa | Educational Institution | E-Gate | Ejari-Tenancy Contract Registration | Embassies & Consulates | Emergency Leave |Emirates ID | Emirates ID Lost | Employment ban | Employment Contract-Ind.Consulate | Employment Visa | Employment Visa during Ban | Employment Visa Renew | Employment Visa Stamping-new | Employment rules |E-Signature Card | FAQs-Visa | Family Visa Abu Dhabi | Family Visa-Ajman | Family Visa Cancellation | Family Visa-Dubai | Family Visa hold | Family Visa Renew | Family Visa Sharjah | Family Visa Stamping-After Entry | Fines | Freehold Property Visa | Free Zones | Fujairah Free Zone | General Trading | German Visa | Gratuity | Housemaid Affidavit | Husband's Residence Visa | Immigration Clearance | Immigration Establishment Card | Immigration Card Renew | Immigration Card Amendment | Immigration Card Lost | Immigration Office | Immigration Services | Important Telephone Numbers | Import Code | Indian Maid- Change Visa inside UAE | India Tourist Visa | Industrial Projects | Inheritance | International Driving Permit | Investor Visa | Investor Visa Stamping | Investor Visa Renew | Investor/Partner Visa Cancellation | IVS Global | Jebel Ali Free Zone | Labour Card Renewal l Labour Contract | Labour Contract FAQs | Labour Contract-New (after entry) | Labour Dispute | Labour Establishment Card | Labour Establishment Card Amendment | Labour Law | Labour Services | Legalization at UAE Embassy | License Cancellation | License Modification at DM | License Renewal - Contracting | Limited Contract | LLC formation | Local Service Agent | Location Change (license) | Loss of Passport | Lost Labour Card | Lost Reporting | Maid from Nepal | Maid from Sri Lanka | Maid Visa-New | Maid Visa Stamping | Maid Visa Renewal | Map of Consulates | Maternity Leave | Marriage Solemnization at Consulate | Media License Medical Facility Licensing | Medical Treatment Visa | Medical Test | Mission Visa | Modify Contractor Regn.-Foreign Co.| MoH & DoH Exams | Multiple Entry Visa | Municipality Activities | Municipality Exam | Municipality Services | Nepal Visa | Newborn Baby's Passport | Newborn Baby's Visa | New Contracting Lic | NOC for issuance of Passport for Child | Notarization | Notice Period | NRI Certificate | Nursery | Occupational Disease | Occupational Health Card | OK to Board | Online Service | Out Pass | Overtime | Parents Visa-New | Parents Visa Stamping-After Entry | Parents Visa Renew Partnership Agreements | Partner Visa | Part-time Job | Passport in Maiden Name | Passport in Married Name | Passport Lost | Passport Renewal-Ind | Passport Renewal-Pak | Passport Renewal-Nepal Passport Renewal-Philippine | Passport Additional Booklet | Passport Validity Extension | PCC Attestation-UAE Embassy Delhi | PCC Dubai | PCC-India | PCC Out of Country | Pharmacist Exam | Pharmacy License | Photo Change | Police Clearance Certificate-UAE | Police Related Services | Power of Attorney | Probation Period | PRO Card-DED | PRO Card -Immig | PRO Card-Labor | Profession Change | Professional Firm | Professional License | Professions | RAK Free Trade Zone | Real Estate Law | Real Estate License | Recruitment Procedure-Nepal | Registration of Engineer-DM | Re-entry | Relocation to RAK | Removing Partner & Adding Partner in LLC Lic | Residence Visa | Resignation | RTA Related Business Activities | RTA Related Services | Salary Certificate Attestation | Salary Increment | SATA Visa | Saudi Visa | Servant Visa | Severance Pay | Sharjah Visa rules | Sole Establishment | Sponsorship Declaration | Spouse Name Endorsement | Status Change | Student Visa | Surrender of Indian Passport | Tas'heel Centers-MOL | Tas'heel Business Center-for DED Services | Tatkaal Passport | Tawasul Card new | Tawasul Card Renew | TC Attestation-Consulate | Teenager Visa | Termination of Contract | Thailand Visa | Theft Car | Tourist Visa | Trademark Registration | Transfer Visa from old Passport to new | Transit Visa | Trade License | Trade License Renewal | Translation | UAE Embassies World-wide | UAE Legal System | UK VisaCentre-Dubai | Umrah Visa | Undertaking for Studies | Unpaid Salary | US Visa | Validation letter-Driving LicenseVisa Cancellation-Employment |  Visa Cancellation-Investor/Partner | Visa Change-Hatta | Visa for Step-child | Visa on Arrival-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-India | Visa on Arrival-Qatar | Visa Position Amendment | Visas of two countries | Visa Renew-son above 18 years old | Visa Transfer | Visa Transfer-Child | Visa Transfer-wife | Visit Affidavit for Family Member | Visit Visa | Will Attestation | Work in UAE | Work Permit | Work Permit for relative sponsored | Work Permit Rejection |more


First Gate Business Service, Office No.2, Al Shamsi Building, Near Zulekha Hospital, Opp. Al Madeena Supermarket, AL NAHDA-2, Qusais, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Tel.+9714-239 1302, 04-252 22 22, 04-265 8373, 04-258 6727 Email: visaprocess.ae@gmail.com