Drop Down Menu




Welcome to Explore Business Portal New Page 1

Death in the family: Repatriation of expatriatesí remains-Dubai

Repatriating human remains of expatriates can be a challenge as it involves many steps and paperwork by different government organisations.

Natural deaths are simpler to handle than deaths due to an accident or crime. In this case, we will address the repatriation process and documents needed for a non-Muslim expatriate who dies a natural death.

1) Any deaths occurring outside a hospital must be reported to the police by dialling 999.

2) Upon arrival, the police will fill out an initial death report and transfer the deceased to the Rashid Hospital Mortuary or Police Mortuary. The process for registering deaths will vary at this point, depending on the deceasedís religion and country of origin.

If the death occurred in a hospital, get a death notification from the hospital. Go to the police station nearest to the deceasedís residence to register his death.

3) Once the deceased is at the Rashid Hospital Mortuary, Rashid Hospital will determine the cause of death and issue a report. This is confirmation of the deceasedís death. Bear in mind that the initial documents issued by police have to be submitted along with the deceasedís passport and visa (original and copy). A fee of Dh60 has to be paid.

4) Upon completing the examination, the Rashid Mortuary will issue a death notification. Make sure to have it stamped by police at the hospital.

Head to the police station again with all your documents: the death declaration and the deceasedís passport and visa page. The police will issue a no objection certificate (NOC) addressed to Al Baraha Hospital, Ministry of Health to issue the death certificate (Dh60).

5) While at the station, also request additional NOCs addressed to the following: (1) the airport for repatriation of the human remains (2) the mortuary for embalming (3) and the hospital for release of the body (if the deceased died in the hospital).

Go to Al Baraha Hospital: Once all the documents are ready, take them to the Preventive Medicine Department of Al Baraha Hospital. This is where the Ďofficial death certificateí will be issued. Note that all documents issued at government agencies are in Arabic. Non-Arabic speaking countries will require the certificates to be translated if you are repatriating the deceased.

Visa Cancellation: After that, proceed to the Ministry of Labour and Immigration for visa and labour card cancellation. This process does not require the sponsorís signature. You can complete cancellation procedures through Tas'heel Centre.

Go to Consulate/Embassy: Register the deceasedís death at his or her local embassy or consulate. The mission will then cancel the passport and register the death in the home country. It must also issue an NOC so you can repatriate the body.

Ticket Booking: If a relative or someone is accompanying the human remains in the flight, book a ticket and cargo. Check the process with your airline of choice as different airlines have different formalities.

Go to Medical Fitness Centre in Al Muhaisnah to book the embalming time. You will have to go back to the mortuary where the body is being kept so you can identify the body before it is transported to the centre for embalming. Pay Dh100 for the embalming charges, a minimum of Dh1,750 for a standard coffin, and Dh210 for the ambulance to transport the body to the airport.

6) The Medical Fitness Centre will issue the embalming certificate. For Indians, this has to be attested at the consulate.

Cargo Village: The centre will transport the body through DNATA. DNATA will handle the body at Cargo Village and process the required documentation. Along with the original NOC from police, you will need to request another NOC from the Cargo Village police station. The NOC you got from the embassy is needed here as well. Make sure you have a minimum of eight copies of ALL the documents, including the ticket copy. They also need to be translated if the country of destination is non-Arab. Submit these documents and all previously obtained documents to the DNATA export office in Cargo Village.

7) Once there, the human remains will be labelled as human remains, scanned, and then shipped to your country of destination after all the shipping costs are paid.

Time: The process usually takes one to two days.

Please note that government offices close at 2pm, so everything has to be done quickly so that you can finish in one or two days.

Booking for the embalming can be made online.

Related Pages
Additional booklet
Address Change-Indian Passport
Affidavit for maid visa-Indian Consulate
Affidavit to apply passport for children in India
Affidavit to Sponsor Dependants
BLS International (Indian Passport & Visa Service Centre)
Change of Name
Change of Address
Change of spouse in Passport
Correction of Date of Birth
Date of Birth Correction
Death Certificate Attestation
Death related documents required to repatriate body to India or to cremate in Dubai.
Documents required for bringing Servant
Emergency Certificate
Employment contract for unskilled labour sponsored by a company
FAQs Passport Rules
FAQs Consulate Procedures
GAMCA (Gulf Approved Medical Centers Association)-India
Housemaid 'No Relationship' Affidavit
Indian Driving License attestation
Indian Maid (change visa inside UAE)
Indian Tourist Visa
Individual Employment contract for unskilled labour sponsored by a company
IVS Global (Indian Embassy/Consulate Attestation Centre)
Loss of Passport
Maid Visa
Sponsored by an Expatriate
Marriage Attestation from Consulate
Marriage Solemnization at Indian Consulate
Minority Certificate from Kerala Government
Name Change
Newborn baby's Passport
NRI Certificate
No Relation Certificate for Sponsoring Maid
Out pass
Passport for newborn baby
Passport in lieu of lost
Passport Damage
Passport in Maiden name
Passport in Married name
Passport Renewal
Passport Validity extension
Photo Change
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Power of Attorney
Protector of Emigrants
Refund of Security Deposit - Housemaid
Salary Certificate Attestation
Servant Visa-new
Servant Visa Renewal
Sponsorship Declaration
Spouse name Endorsement
Surrender of Indian Passport
Tatkal Service
TC Attestation
Tourist Visa on Arrival in India
Undertaking for Studies
Validity extension
Visa on Arrival in India
Visit Affidavit for Family Member
Wages of Indian Workers
Will Attestation

Will Deed (How to write a Will?)

PCC Out of Country

Child's Visa Sponsored by Mother


  Back |

Printer-Friendly version

Print Page  | Email this article



Tell a Friend


Welcome to First Gate Business Service

Abscond Reporting | Adding Partner & Removing Partner in LLC Lic | Additional Booklet | Address Change | Affidavit for Child's Passport | Affidavit for Maid Visa-Indian Consulate | Agreements | Abu Dhabi Visa rules | Annual Leave | Attestation | Ban-1Year | Bank Guarantee Refund | Birth in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Abu Dhabi | Business Set-Up in Ajman Free Zone | Business Set-Up in Dubai | Business Set-Up in Hamriyah Free Zone-SHJ | Branch of a Foreign Company | Cancellation | Certificate Attestation | Change of Address | Change of Name | Change of Spouse Name | Changing Employment & Family Visa without Exit | Cheque Bounce | Children sponsored by mother | Civil Company | Clearance Letter | Company law | Consulate Procedures for Maid Visa | Consulate Works-Ind | Contracting Lic-Renew | Credit Card Debt | Damaged Passport | Date of Birth Correction Death Cert. Attestation | Death Cases | Death Compensation | DED Fees | DED Services | Dependent sponsorship | Designations | Detach Child from Mother's Passport | DNRD Locations | DOHMS Fees | DOHMS Forms | DOHMS Interview Result | Driving License | Driving License Attestation Dubai Real Estate Law | ECNR | Education Visa | Educational Institution | E-Gate | Ejari-Tenancy Contract Registration | Embassies & Consulates | Emergency Leave |Emirates ID | Emirates ID Lost | Employment ban | Employment Contract-Ind.Consulate | Employment Visa | Employment Visa during Ban | Employment Visa Renew | Employment Visa Stamping-new | Employment rules |E-Signature Card | FAQs-Visa | Family Visa Abu Dhabi | Family Visa-Ajman | Family Visa Cancellation | Family Visa-Dubai | Family Visa hold | Family Visa Renew | Family Visa Sharjah | Family Visa Stamping-After Entry | Fines | Freehold Property Visa | Free Zones | Fujairah Free Zone | General Trading | German Visa | Gratuity | Housemaid Affidavit | Husband's Residence Visa | Immigration Clearance | Immigration Establishment Card | Immigration Card Renew | Immigration Card Amendment | Immigration Card Lost | Immigration Office | Immigration Services | Important Telephone Numbers | Import Code | Indian Maid- Change Visa inside UAE | India Tourist Visa | Industrial Projects | Inheritance | International Driving Permit | Investor Visa | Investor Visa Stamping | Investor Visa Renew | Investor/Partner Visa Cancellation | IVS Global | Jebel Ali Free Zone | Labour Card Renewal l Labour Contract | Labour Contract FAQs | Labour Contract-New (after entry) | Labour Dispute | Labour Establishment Card | Labour Establishment Card Amendment | Labour Law | Labour Services | Legalization at UAE Embassy | License Cancellation | License Modification at DM | License Renewal - Contracting | Limited Contract | LLC formation | Local Service Agent | Location Change (license) | Loss of Passport | Lost Labour Card | Lost Reporting | Maid from Nepal | Maid from Sri Lanka | Maid Visa-New | Maid Visa Stamping | Maid Visa Renewal | Map of Consulates | Maternity Leave | Marriage Solemnization at Consulate | Media License Medical Facility Licensing | Medical Treatment Visa | Medical Test | Mission Visa | Modify Contractor Regn.-Foreign Co.| MoH & DoH Exams | Multiple Entry Visa | Municipality Activities | Municipality Exam | Municipality Services | Nepal Visa | Newborn Baby's Passport | Newborn Baby's Visa | New Contracting Lic | NOC for issuance of Passport for Child | Notarization | Notice Period | NRI Certificate | Nursery | Occupational Disease | Occupational Health Card | OK to Board | Online Service | Out Pass | Overtime | Parents Visa-New | Parents Visa Stamping-After Entry | Parents Visa Renew Partnership Agreements | Partner Visa | Part-time Job | Passport in Maiden Name | Passport in Married Name | Passport Lost | Passport Renewal-Ind | Passport Renewal-Pak | Passport Renewal-Nepal Passport Renewal-Philippine | Passport Additional Booklet | Passport Validity Extension | PCC Attestation-UAE Embassy Delhi | PCC Dubai | PCC-India | PCC Out of Country | Pharmacist Exam | Pharmacy License | Photo Change | Police Clearance Certificate-UAE | Police Related Services | Power of Attorney | Probation Period | PRO Card-DED | PRO Card -Immig | PRO Card-Labor | Profession Change | Professional Firm | Professional License | Professions | RAK Free Trade Zone | Real Estate Law | Real Estate License | Recruitment Procedure-Nepal | Registration of Engineer-DM | Re-entry | Relocation to RAK | Removing Partner & Adding Partner in LLC Lic | Residence Visa | Resignation | RTA Related Business Activities | RTA Related Services | Salary Certificate Attestation | Salary Increment | SATA Visa | Saudi Visa | Servant Visa | Severance Pay | Sharjah Visa rules | Sole Establishment | Sponsorship Declaration | Spouse Name Endorsement | Status Change | Student Visa | Surrender of Indian Passport | Tas'heel Centers-MOL | Tas'heel Business Center-for DED Services | Tatkaal Passport | Tawasul Card new | Tawasul Card Renew | TC Attestation-Consulate | Teenager Visa | Termination of Contract | Thailand Visa | Theft Car | Tourist Visa | Trademark Registration | Transfer Visa from old Passport to new | Transit Visa | Trade License | Trade License Renewal | Translation | UAE Embassies World-wide | UAE Legal System | UK VisaCentre-Dubai | Umrah Visa | Undertaking for Studies | Unpaid Salary | US Visa | Validation letter-Driving LicenseVisa Cancellation-Employment |  Visa Cancellation-Investor/Partner | Visa Change-Hatta | Visa for Step-child | Visa on Arrival-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-India | Visa on Arrival-Qatar | Visa Position Amendment | Visas of two countries | Visa Renew-son above 18 years old | Visa Transfer | Visa Transfer-Child | Visa Transfer-wife | Visit Affidavit for Family Member | Visit Visa | Will Attestation | Work in UAE | Work Permit | Work Permit for relative sponsored | Work Permit Rejection |more


First Gate Business Service, Office No.2, Al Shamsi Building, Near Zulekha Hospital, Opp. Al Madeena Supermarket, AL NAHDA-2, Qusais, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Tel.+9714-239 1302, 04-252 22 22, 04-265 8373, 04-258 6727 Email: visaprocess.ae@gmail.com