Amendments on School Transport Law Posted on: Sat 10-Mar-2012
Roads and Transport Authority announces to schools, parents and transport operators the following technical amendments introduced to the Executive Regulation of the Order No. (2) for 2008 regarding the regulation of school transport in the emirate of Dubai, as of 01-09-2012:
1. Window tinting of school buses shall not exceed 30%, with the possibility of opening the window up to 10 cm only, whether from top or sideways; curtains are forbidden.
2. Maximum speed of the school bus shall not exceed 80/kph, with a speed control device installed conforming to the specifications and conditions specified by the Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology.
1. Assign a direct buses supervisor, and provide all students' parents with his/her contacts.
2. Set out school bus routes approved by the school principal.
3. Allocate a seat for each student in co-operation with the school principal and driver.
1. Appoint a female conductor for each bus, with exception of male students' buses from class 6 up to the secondary level.
2. Obligate the female conductor to attend the prescribed training courses.
3. Obligate the female conductor to display the ID issued by the entity.