M-visa service launched on February 15th 2009 and it is available for
travelers traveling from Dubai Airport Terminal 1 only. For all other
travelers arriving to Dubai from any other entry points except Dubai
Terminal 1 the service will be available after few days. M-visa
service is free of charge for all the DNRD customers.
1. Login to the
www.eform.ae portal to apply for
m-visa, the registration is free.
2. Select the type of visa you need to apply for. On the screen, the
details need to be filled for the person whose visa is applied along
with the Sponsor’s details.
3. Enter the details of the Visitor like email id, international
mobile number, passport number etc.,
4. Upload the photo of the visitor using “please browse to upload the
5. This will open another popup window where in the user will be able
to upload the image of the visitor
6. The maximum size of the image that can be uploaded will be 2x2
7. Enter the details of the Sponsor like email, mobile number, contact
8. Once all the details are entered, kindly press on the submit
9. The details will be shown for confirmation
10. Once confirmed, the user will be taken to the next screen which is
the payment page.
11. Enter the details for the mode of payment.
12. Ones the payment is successful the eForm.ae site will print
electronic form (EForm) which the sponsor needs to submit to DNRD
after seal and signature along with other required documents to apply
for the visa.
13. The sponsor will be sent a confirmation once the visa is approved.
14. The sponsor will get an email with secure PDF containing original
visa, bar code message on the mobile and an SMS message with the visa
15. The visitor will also get an email with secure PDF containing
original visa, bar code message on the mobile and an SMS message with
the visa number.
16. In case, the visitor is having a Black Berry, I-Mate or PDA phone,
an SMS will be sent with a link to download the barcode image.
17. After applying for M-visa it is not necessary for sponsor to
acquire original visa from DNRD or by post.
18. Also it is not necessary for the sponsor to submit the original
visa at Dubai airport before the visitor arrives to Dubai on the
19. The visitor upon entry to the airport will go straight to the
M-visa counter which will be situated next to other immigration
20. On the m-visa counter first Iris scan will be performed after
which a receipt will be generated with the details of iris scan result
for the visitor.
21. Then visitor will present their mobile phone with 2D Barcode or
the print of the electronic PDF visa document or the plain text SMS
containing visa number along with original passport to the Immigration
officer at the m-visa counter.
22. After proper authentication, the visitor is allowed to enter at
23. M-visa is an online visa hence it is not necessary for the visitor
to acquire the original print of the visa at airport. But in case it
is necessary for the visitor to acquire the original visa (for any
reason like future travels, transit etc.) then he can request the
immigration officer at the m-visa counter to issue him the print of
the original visa. Immigration officer will provide the visitor with
the original visa at the m-visa counter itself on payment of Dh20.
24. After the immigration clearance at the m-visa counter visitors can
proceed directly to collect there baggage.
For further details related to M-visa service please visit immigration
website www.dnrd.ae or call on +97143980000 from outside UAE or
8005111 from United Arab Emirates (UAE).